Monday, April 23, 2012

This is so tough to write...

Last week was more fun than you can possible  imagine. It was also fraught with food, wine, Bourbon and more food. I debated putting it all in writing, but here goes.

I only went to the gym on Monday and Tuesday last week. I know. I vowed to make it 4 days and only made it two. It went downhill from there. Wednesday I had a semi-work-related wine and food tasting thing at my local winery. There were several caterers showing off their stuff. Oh my. The bacon caramel corn and collard green wrapped sushi. The build your own bruschetta with heirloom tomatoes and olive oils. And cupcakes. We sipped wine and tried everything. Somethings twice. Luckily they ran out of bacon caramel corn before I could go back for a third. When we wrapped this even up, we went to my local watering hole and I had a couple of shots of Bourbon. And, even though we didn't need it, we ordered two small pizzas and some deviled eggs. By the time the winery staff showed up the kitchen was closed so we wandered across the street for some Mexican food. I thought I would get a small burrito (there were two larges sizes on the menu) and it turned out to be enough to cover a platter. It went home with me and became breakfast. I woke at 4 am with severe GERD and almost throwing up. Two doses of baking soda later...I managed to get back to sleep. Then at noon, Sarah (who had been with me last evening) stopped by and held up a note which said, "I need grease." So, instead of a healthy lunch at work, we opted for grease next door. A patty melt, fries and vanilla milkshake later, I was comatose. Dinner that evening was at Scott's Seafood Restaurant. Nothing like more Bourbon and popcorn shrimp to top off a binge. During dinner, I kicked off my shoes. When I tried to slide them back on, they barely fit. My feet were swollen from all the salt. I tried detoxing on Friday and Saturday and did pretty good. But I was up in Sacramento and across the street from Marie's donuts. I needed coffee Sunday morning, didn't I? Well, Marie's apple fritters are off the hook. So are the glazed old-fashioned donuts. Don't forget the buttermilk bars. I had one of each with my coffee. In an effort to even out the fats, sugars, etc., I had a pint of blueberries for lunch. All followed by sushi for dinner.

I did not have the guts to get on the scale throughout this binge. This mornign I faced the music. All that food, no gym. I was prepared to throw myself off the bridge for having undone all the work of the past 6 months in one week. I was down 1.2 lbs from my previous low. I hadn't even seen my previous low in a month. I don't know what happened. I'm just going to take it as a gift. Rather like the cop not catching me speeding.

1 comment:

  1. ..."like the cop not catching me speeding" no no, it was like driving 30 over the speed limit at dusk on a highway, a cop appearing out of no where, pulling up next to you, shaking his head AND his finger at you through his open window, and then speeding off to catch the guy going 10 mph more than you.

    so there was your binge. Back on the treadmill woman! The listing of all that food kind of made ME sick. Donuts? REALLY????

    :)

    ReplyDelete