Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Whew

I was afraid that it would be so hard to come back from the edge. I have proven, once again, that I have the capacity to do this as long as I use the tools at my disposal. I HAVE TO WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING I EAT, EVEN THE RIBS AT THE CAPRI LOUNGE. Once it's written down, I can make adjustment around it. For instance. I went out Sunday evening with friends to check out a blues venue. While we listened to the first set we could smell something delicious wafting through the venue. I couldn't help it, I got hungry!. Well, of course I was going to try the barbecued ribs. AWESOME! Tender, meaty, the right amount of spicy sauce, delicious. There were four of them on the plate and I ate them all. While I hadn't budgeted for them, I did have some room in my food plan for the day for a little more protein.

When I got home, I signed right into my software and plugged them in. I wasn't as far over for the day as I had thought! I didn't have to feel guilty. To make up for it, I cut 200 calories of protein from my Monday allotment. My years of accounting are paying off, lol. It's a balancing act and it is paying off. As of this morning I am down 5 of the 13 lbs. Those smaller jeans by Christmas are looking possible. I only have two more sizes to make my original goal, and honestly, if I stick to my plan as closely as possible, I could easily make that by Christmas. The only thing holding me back is myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment